cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Upgrade - 4.0(5) to 7.0 Cobras and GSM - Internet Subscriber

Bill CARTER
Level 5
Level 5

I am upgrading from Unity 4.0(5) to 7.0. I have the old and new Unity servers in the same AD domain. I ran cobras export, then migrated all users to the new Unity server using GSM. GSM doesn't appear to move Internet Subscribers and neither does cobras. I tried adding an Internet subscriber to the new Unity server and got the error "this extension is in use by subscriber XYZ". I deleted the Internet subscriber from the old Unity and tried adding it to the new server and received the new error. At this point the subscriber does not appear in either Unity server. I have deleted the associate contact from AD and still can not add it to the new system.

dbwalker is clean. How can I correct this problem?

3 Replies 3

Hoan Mai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi William,

Cobras has it limitation when it comes to internet subscriber -

noted in the link : Internet subscribers, Bridge, AMIS, SMTP users and such will not be included.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/General/COBRAS/Help/COBRAS.htm

You might try using Subscriber Information Dump under tools depot > administration tools > Subscriber Information Dump and export and import to the new unity server.

Rick Mai

I found the problem. I had to delete the Internet Subscribers from the old server....Then wait for AD to re-synch. In my case this took a little more than an hour.

Once resync was complete, I could add either new Internet subscribers or Call Handlers with the previuosly used extensions.

You can also use Remove Subscriber properties from Commserver/utilities/removesubscriberproperties tool to manually remove the unity data from AD.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: