WLC 2106 redundancy uplinks / LAG

Unanswered Question
Dec 9th, 2009

Hi to all,

We've a WLC2106 connected to a Distribution switch composed by a stack and 6x APs dislocated on the Access switches.

All the APs are in H-REAP mode so the WLANs are mapped to the WLC's management interface instead of a dynamic one.

How can I add redundancy on the connection from the WLC to the Distribution switch since the WLC2106 doesn't support LAG/Channel (implemented on all the WLC4400/5500 installed until yet) nor AP-Manager secondary interfaces???

Many thanks

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Leo Laohoo Fri, 12/11/2009 - 15:04

Get another 2100 and configure primary/secondary controller to the LAP.

oguarisco Sun, 12/13/2009 - 07:01

Hi Leolaohoo,

thnx but I want to been able to have a redundacy on network connections from the WLC to the Distribution switches and not having a WLC's redundancy...

based on your answer I suppose that no network connections redundancy are available on the 2100 models (channel, AP manager secondary interface,...) are available...

Leo Laohoo Sun, 12/13/2009 - 15:14

The 2100 does not support LAG (it said so in the Configuration Guide).

Getting a 2nd link is not full redundancy because this only addresses link failure and not hardware failure.

oguarisco Mon, 12/14/2009 - 00:21

Yes, you're right it's not fully redundant, but if you have the possibility to connect two interfaces to a single Cat3750 Stack, you limit the Single Point of Failure on the WLC (its Power Supply)...if you haven't, well, then you have multiple Point fo Failure: WLC and the LAN switch to which it's connected

This Discussion

Related Content