Helpful
Replies

H.323 trunk between CUCM 7 and CCM3

ituskes
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

I need help in the mentioned topic.

We have some version 3.2 callmangers on different sites. These CCMs are h.323 gateways of one so this is a star totpology.

We would like to migrate it to CUCM 7. So in the HUB a CUCM 7 was installed and I would use the old CCM 3 as a transit H323 GW till in the others will be added the new server as H.323 gw for the new phone numbers.

But one problem raised. If a phone registered to the old CCM 3 and try to call a phone registered to the new CUCM 7, the called phone can ring but the voice path doesn`t build, after ~7 second the call terminates. The CCM 3 waits for Media Negotiation. The CUCM 7 doesn`t send anything. It doesn`t send negotiation if I uncheck the "Wait for Far End Terminal Capability Set"

The other direction works properly. (Call originated from CUCM 7 registered phone to CCM 3 reg. phone.)

As I seen as difference, the CUCM 7 sends a NOTIFY message after the CONNECT message.

These don`t start negotiation of Teriminal Capability, nor the CCM 3 neither CUCM 7.

Could anybody help me?

Imre

2 Replies 2

Efrain Hernandez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may be hitting CSCea52747 where masterslave negotiation of H245 connection fails.

3.2(3)SR1 has the fix for this, what version u running?

hope this helps

The versions are:

3.2(2.C...)

7.0.1.11000-2

I am not sure,

CSCea52747: Calls through an Avaya H323 gateway sometimes fail at Master/Slave determination.

But Master/Slave determ. is after the H.245 negotiation. (once I seen this kind of faliure, but int the good direction)

Imre