Helpful
Replies

H.323 trunk between CUCM 7 and CCM3

ituskes
Level 1
Level 1

Dear,

I need help in the mentioned topic.

We have some version 3.2 callmangers on different sites. These CCMs are h.323 gateways of one so this is a star totpology.

We would like to migrate it to CUCM 7. So in the HUB a CUCM 7 was installed and I would use the old CCM 3 as a transit H323 GW till in the others will be added the new server as H.323 gw for the new phone numbers.

But one problem raised. If a phone registered to the old CCM 3 and try to call a phone registered to the new CUCM 7, the called phone can ring but the voice path doesn`t build, after ~7 second the call terminates. The CCM 3 waits for Media Negotiation. The CUCM 7 doesn`t send anything. It doesn`t send negotiation if I uncheck the "Wait for Far End Terminal Capability Set"

The other direction works properly. (Call originated from CUCM 7 registered phone to CCM 3 reg. phone.)

As I seen as difference, the CUCM 7 sends a NOTIFY message after the CONNECT message.

These don`t start negotiation of Teriminal Capability, nor the CCM 3 neither CUCM 7.

Could anybody help me?

Imre

2 Replies 2

Efrain Hernandez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may be hitting CSCea52747 where masterslave negotiation of H245 connection fails.

3.2(3)SR1 has the fix for this, what version u running?

hope this helps

The versions are:

3.2(2.C...)

7.0.1.11000-2

I am not sure,

CSCea52747: Calls through an Avaya H323 gateway sometimes fail at Master/Slave determination.

But Master/Slave determ. is after the H.245 negotiation. (once I seen this kind of faliure, but int the good direction)

Imre

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: