Wism interfaces gone after switch-upgrade

Answered Question

Hi,

I've a 6509 with a sup720 (ordinary, not a 10GE) and a wism blade in slot 3.

It worked fine until i did a upgrade of the IOS on the 6509.  I went from s72033-ipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-18.SXF13 to s72033-advipservicesk9_wan-mz.122-33.SXI3.

Now i cannot reach my Wism-blade any more. When i look in the running config on the switch there are no gigabit-interfaces on module 3, in the config there is even no mention of a module 3.

However when i do a "show module" the wism is reported with a status "ok".  Also when i do a "show wism module 3 controller 1 status" it tells me that its "Oper-up" and all the adresses are in place, even the service IP-adres (which i do not understand because it can only get this adres by DHCP from the switch).

The Wism is running 6.0.188.0.

Anyone ever seen such behavior?

Thx

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Correct Answer by dancampb about 7 years 2 days ago

As of the SXI versions of the sup720 auto-LAG was the only option to configure the WiSM port-channels (global config wism commands).  The actually gigabit and port-channel interfaces going to the WiSM won't be visible in the configs anymore.

Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Correct Answer
dancampb Wed, 12/09/2009 - 07:00

As of the SXI versions of the sup720 auto-LAG was the only option to configure the WiSM port-channels (global config wism commands).  The actually gigabit and port-channel interfaces going to the WiSM won't be visible in the configs anymore.

Elie Sbat Mon, 12/14/2009 - 09:51

check your service Vlan (Wism service-vlan XX)

Make sure that the service vlan supernet is different than the mgt interface and the ap manager interface

are you trying to activate virtualization?

Elie, the service-vlan was (and is) indeed different, so that was not the problem.  I got a good clue in the posting of dampcampb: he wrote that there was a difference in behavior between the SXI- and the SXF-versions of the IOS.  I checked and there was also a SXF-version with the features i wanted.  I used that version of the IOS and all was working fine again. Thx however for the reply.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content