Views
Helpful
Replies

Migration from Autonomous to LWAPP with WCS & wism

gauthrayj
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I try to upgrade 400 autonomous APs  (1231G) to LWAPP. I am using WCS 6.0.132, I configured a mobility group with 2 WISM (sp I get 4WLC in the group)  and I get differents problems.

1. WCS adds the SSC hash only in the first controller, is it possible to copy it to other controller automatically (i.e. : without any action from our side)?
  2. Even if I select the option "retain hostname", it does not retain the hostname, just the static IP address and I want to retain both ( I don't want to configure manually 400APs hostname !!) Autonomous AP are running 12.3(7)JA3 IOS so it should work fine.

Does anyone could help me ?

Thank you  !!

Regards

2 Replies 2

Stephen Rodriguez
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

WCS adds the SSC hash only in the first controller, is it possible to copy it to other controller automatically (i.e. : without any action from our side)?

There is no automagic way of doing this, there has to be some interaction to get the SSC on all the WLC.  On a high note, you can use WCS to do this.  Do a refresh config from the WLC that has the hashes, delete option, then you can push the hashes to the other WLC(s) in the network.

Even if I select the option "retain hostname", it does not retain the hostname, just the static IP address and I want to retain both ( I don't want to configure manually 400APs hostname !!) Autonomous AP are running 12.3(7)JA3 IOS so it should work fine.

This may be worth opening a case against the WCS.  Sounds like a bug in the how the WCS is doing the conversion

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Thanks for the answers, it was what I thought, so I decided to "break" the mobility group during the migration (400+ AP to migrate) then copy the SSC with WCS.

I also opened a case against the WCS, we found a workaround : add  "IOS_STATIC_HOSTNAME" field to the "env_vars" file on the autonomous access point and then it keeps the hostname and IP address during the conversion.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card