SPA9000 and SPA400 - 2 ring delay before handsets ring

Unanswered Question
Dec 9th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi I have a SPA9000 + SPA400 + 4 SPA962 handset (all latest firmware) setup with 3 PSTN lines. The problem I am having is that I have installed this system for a customer and they are finding it unacceptable that there is a 2-3 ring delay before the phones actually ring (calls are set to be routed to a hunt group containing all 4 phones to ring simutaneously). I cannot find any way to reduce this delay.

Does anyone know how to reduce the ring delay so calls can be picked up sooner?

Thanks,

Liam

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
alissitz Wed, 12/09/2009 - 07:02
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

Good morning, I hope all is well with you.

Login to the SPA400 and you can change the delay. This used to be located under the voice tab and voice settings.  I do not have a SPA400 anymore and so I am not sure if this config parameter has changed, however you can view the settings for "answer after"

Also, inform the customer that the two ring delay is for the caller ID to be received.  This is a very common standards industry practice.  Without two rings first, the customer may not see the caller id right away.

Do please let me know how you make out,

Andrew Lee Lissitz

robdowns Thu, 12/17/2009 - 09:56
User Badges:

Firmware 1.1.2.2 will not let you set it to less than 2.  It is supposed to be fixed in 1.1.2.3.  My clients have noticed it as well.  1.1.2.3 was supposed to be in regression testing in Aug according to Patrick at Cisco.  Is there any word when it might be released?

marcinleplawy Fri, 04/16/2010 - 00:19
User Badges:

I have a SPA9000 + SPA400 + 6 SPA941 handset (all latest firmware) setup with 3 PSTN lines. I know about 2 ring delay to answer in last firmware for read information about incoming call from DTMF. But it it's less important to get number than waiting 2 rings. I could find any solution for taht i tryed to upgrade to beta 1.1.2.3 but it's does't sove the problem. Yesterday I tray downgrade my SPA400 to 1.0.0.5 and it's workin quite nice. My question it's what is the newes firmwer without ring limit or when will be released new firmer with non limit ring to answer or reducet to one.

CTRLITINC Fri, 04/16/2010 - 19:16
User Badges:

Why not use a SIP Trunk as I see this as the only solution, outside of either waiting for new firmware or getting an entirely new phone system? We use nexVortex.com and have it installed in multiple sites. There is < 1 full ring before it is answerd by the AA.

We are trying to get rid of all PSTN lines when possible, ITSP has been much more reliable IMO.

HTH,

Steve Wofford

Call Ctrl Call Manager for

SPA900 - SPA500 IP Phones

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content