Views
Helpful
Replies

Inventory Collection Failure with LMS 3.2

Velin Georgiev
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've been running LMS 3.2 with RME 4.3.1.

Inventory Collection fails while trying to collect data from 7825I Media Convergence Servers running Call Manager 6.1.

It fails with the following error:

RICS0001:Internal Error,unable to process the collected data from the device.

I have tried deleting and adding the device again, but with no effect.

The Call Manager server has ip 192.168.5.5, here it is the IC_Server.log attached.

Looking at the log, I see there is some kind of database error, but I don't know how can be avoided.

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Velin

4 Replies 4

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

This could be a product of an older bug.  Try removing this Call Manager from RME.  Then re-add it, and run three inventory collection jobs.  If they all work, then you should be good to go.

I have removed the Call Managers from RME, and then re-added them again.

After that I started a inventory collection job but it failed again with the same error. I've tried some times with the inventory job but it fials every time.

I read about the bug you've mentioned and it is advised to patch the RME. Since i'm running the latest version, what can i do?

Even though this isn't a Windows Call Manager, the symptoms still resemble CSCsz08632.  This bug is fixed in RME 4.3, and I couldn't find a new bug to explain what you're seeing.  I suggest you open a TAC service request so additional analysis can be done.

ok, tnahks for the advice