Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 7.x system prompts

Hello,

I've been asked this question many times, and have always understood the 'official answer' to be no. I am looking for an 'unofficial' answer/work around to help out one of our customers.

I'm sure most of you have realize what I'm about to ask already, so here it is.

Is there a way to change a system prompt, more specifically, the directory handler's prompt. Current the 'lady in the box' says "spell the last name and first name, then press #". The customer is looking for something more like "spell the first few letters".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The official and unofficial answer is the same, not only it's not supported but it's not possible.

You need root access to do this and this is not available to users, only TAC can provide root access and is for:

a) troubleshooting

b) applying the workaround of a bug

Never to customize anything in CUCM, CUC or CUPS.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Matthew/Java.

I thought you guys might find this info for Unity Connection 8.x interesting

Alternate Directory Handler Prompts

Last Update: 9/29/2009

Compatibility: Any version of Unity 4.x or later or Connection 1.x.  You cannot edit prompts on Connection 2.x or later, However in Connection 8.0 and later supports customized greetings for directory handlers and you can paste these WAV files in there if you like.

***Support: NOT TAC supported for Windows based Unity and Connection versions.
TAC supported for Connection 8.x (which has custom greeting controls for name lookup handlers in the SA)

***For Connection 8.x and later the name lookup handlers (both touchtone and voice driven) allow for customized greetings via the SA                 interface.  You can use any of these WAV files and paste them in via the Media Master control in the SA.

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/AlternateDirectoryHandlerPrompts/AlternateDirectoryHandlerPrompts.html

Hope this helps!

Rob

We just installed Unity Connection 8.5 at a customers site. Works as expected ... The customers marketing people now want to implement a "cooperate identity" voicemail greeting.

The greeting should be like this:

"fixed part with company wide greeting" + individual name of the subscribers/users...

I am asking myself on how to implement this scenario. Would that be possible with CUCN 8.5 ?

Any hint is greatly appreciated

Michael

Thanks for the quick replies, I've known that UC 8.x would support this. I was just holding out that there might be some unsupported 'fix' for it in 7.x.

Matt

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: