Views
Helpful
Replies

PIX change management software

ahmad82pkn
Level 2
Level 2

Hi, i have Cisco works LMS3.0,

i have added all routers switches, and after every 24 hours, all changes to my routers switches, i get that via email,

but i dont see any change report of cisco pix firewall.

dont LMS3.0 support firewall changes ? am i missing some thing? or i need some other software to do that?

3 Replies 3

Farrukh Haroon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

The PIX/ASA etc. firewalls are supported. We have setup RME to report changes in one of our customer's FWSM blade.

This is also mentioned on the following link: (Just search for 'Pix' on the page)

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/net_mgmt/ciscoworks_lan_management_solution/3.1/device_support/table/lms31sdt.html

Regards

Farrukh

Thank you for the information, But i dont get change report , though devices are added in same way as of Routers,

Do i need to do any additional confoguration on firewall, except SNMP string and specifying IP address of server running LMS and its interface name inside in my case?

in my PIX i have this confoguration, router confoguration change report comes fine, with same set of information configured in router/switches.

snmp-server host inside x.x.x.x community abcd

snmp-server community abcd

Do one thing, go to the Device Center >> Select the 'Firewall' and then click on 'View Config' Is RME collecting any

configs at all for your firewall?  You can also check this from RME directly.

Regards

Farrukh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card