cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Troubleshooting AD accounts with CUCM 7.1.2

John Palmason
Level 4
Level 4

Hello I would like to know where I would go to find out if I have having synchronization issues with MS AD. I created an account in AD yesterday and I preformed a full sync this morning (as well as each night) but I am still not able to search CUCM for this user. I have logged into my workstation with this user account to make sure that it was active in AD.  I would like to know where a good place to look for errors/debug for synchronization would be.

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

The first thing I would check is where the user account is being created within AD, meaning which Organizational Unit (OU) and has a last name.  Users without last names in AD will not be imported.  Then check your LDAP synchronization in CUCM to ensure you have the right user search base.  The search base needs to include the OU where the user account is created.  Make sure you don't have an existing Application User in CUCM with the same name as the user also.  Here is a good reference doc related to CUCM user search base and configuration - http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/directry.html#wp1044981

Sincerely, Ginger

Thanks Ginger, you where right on with the Last name, my AD team didn't fill in first or last name for the account. Once that was done, I resync'd the LDAP connection and the account appeared.

Thanks again.

John

Hi John -

Great news!  Glad I could help :-)

Ginger

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: