cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to reset cisco switch srw224g4p

sayantandas
Level 1
Level 1

I was trying to add some vlans to the switch. After adding , when I updated the settings, the web admin wont open no more. The address 192.168.1.254 was no longer accessible.

Is there any way that I can reset the switch and bring it back to factory settings?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

lchesno
Level 1
Level 1

To rese the SRW switches you have to go through the console cable on the back of the switch. Then you can pull up your hyper termial and start a new connection. Make sure to set the seial port settings to : Bits per second-38400 data bits 8 parity none stop bits noe flow control none. Then hit enter twice. It will ask for your username and password. Once you get in go under 1.system configuration menu, 6. restore system to default settings. 7. reboot system. Once the system comes back up the switch will be back as if you had just pulled it out of the box. and back at the 192.168.1.254

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

lchesno
Level 1
Level 1

To rese the SRW switches you have to go through the console cable on the back of the switch. Then you can pull up your hyper termial and start a new connection. Make sure to set the seial port settings to : Bits per second-38400 data bits 8 parity none stop bits noe flow control none. Then hit enter twice. It will ask for your username and password. Once you get in go under 1.system configuration menu, 6. restore system to default settings. 7. reboot system. Once the system comes back up the switch will be back as if you had just pulled it out of the box. and back at the 192.168.1.254

Thank you for the reply. But we do not use windows xp at our office. We use linux.  Any idea how to get around the hyper terminal in Red Hat? Thanks.

ok. I found the software for linux. Either Seyon or Minicom can be used. Will try to reset the switch now.

Thanks, your solution worked.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Switch products supported in this community
Cisco Business Product Family
  • CBS110
  • CBS220
  • CBS250
  • CBS350
Cisco Switching Product Family
  • 350X
  • 550X