Single access_point no ping responce

Unanswered Question
Dec 9th, 2009

hi

We are facing some weird kind of problem. We have  wireless printer connected to one access point.  SSID, WEP key and IP address  configured on the printer.  If we connect any laptop to this access_point it gets IP address from DHCP server.  This laptop IP and printer IP are in the same subnet and also in the same VLAN. But from this laptop I am not able to ping the wireless printer. But from the laptop I am able to ping rest of the network.

If I connect my laptop to another access_point which is also in the same VLAN we get the IP from the DHCP same subnet as that of wireless printer and we can ping this printer. Also we can ping this printer from any other subnet.

Please share the experience.

Thanks

Subodh

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
bapatsubodh Wed, 12/09/2009 - 12:59

Hi,

This is in addition  to the earlier post. No tow clients can ping to each other if those are connected to this particular AP.

If I run ping test from web access to each individual  client IP address it works fine. But clients can not ping to each other. thay can communicate with default gateway and to rest of the network.  Clients can also ping to wireless clients connected to other access points those are in the same  VLAN and in the same subnet.

Please share the experience

Thanks

Subodh

Matthew Fowler Wed, 12/09/2009 - 17:24

Hi Subodh,

Is 'bridge-group <#> port-protected' configured under the radio interface/sub-interface?

-Matt

Actions

This Discussion

Trending Topics - Security & Network