Salesforce.com Connector Questions

Unanswered Question

Hi,

I have a client that is interested in the Salesforce.com connector from Cisco. I've looked at Cisco's documentation, but it's confusing. What dio I need for both a same and large scale implementation of this?

Cisco talks about a Call Connector Server, as well as ISR or Media Gateway; I'm confused is this not a PC based connector on each PC that connects to Salesforce.com?

Anyone running this please let me know what the scoop is and where to find good sizing and implementation documents.

Thanks in advance,

Bob James

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)

Thanks Marcos, but again the documentations, datasheets and presentations are all to ambiguious; some say you need Call Center (IPCC), others don't. All I am looking for is a technical understanding of a client to cloud relationship.

Say I have UC520 and the connector, how does this interact with Salesforce.com?

What if I have full blown Call Manager, what else do I need?

Sorry, I'm just looking for simple answers and have yet to find them.

Bob

Thanks Kevin! Much more clear.

The line setup was really what I was looking for and it answered my question. What is this software piece that the document is talking about?

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express TSP"

I

Is this something built into the UC system, as it talks about obtaining the latest version?

Cheers

Bob

MICHAEL JOHNSON Wed, 04/14/2010 - 10:38

NO. Okay well maybe a little bit. It basically tells us what is NOT working which is the sales force add-on.

When we right click the Salesforce icon in the task manager, the option to "Configure" is not present. Any ideas why that would be available?

Vista OS 32-bit, IE 8

Both the TSP and Ucc are installed and verified.

MICHAEL JOHNSON Wed, 04/14/2010 - 10:49

BTW: We have verified through vista dialer.exe that we can make a call from the PC via the Cisco phone so the TSP is working as expected.

Appears to be disconnect between TSP and UCC for salesforce. The UCC for salesforce is not recognizing the Cisco TSP.

MICHAEL JOHNSON Wed, 04/14/2010 - 10:52

Apps installed and running

CiscoCRMCallConnectorForSFDCInstaller.v1.3.2.zip

cme-tsp-2.2.0.5.zip

Marcos Hernandez Fri, 04/16/2010 - 12:44

I, unfortunately, do not have any more information about this integration. Could you open a TAC case?

Thanks,

Marcos

I have been able to get this up and running in my organisation.

Have you performed the configuration that is required within Salesforce?

What is the nature of the problem you are experiencing?

Is it:

1. No plugin window opening at top of sidebar in salesforce?
  2. Plugin opens in Salesforce but indicates cannot open a line?

Thanks

Craig Harris

chris unger Wed, 12/16/2009 - 06:20

I have two different clients using the product and if they are planning to also us the outlook/office connectors provided by SalesForce, expect lots of problems.  The Cisco connector will fail everytime.  I have been working with both TAC and Salesforce to resolve.  IF anyone has yet to get this working I would love to hear how.

deepak.suthar Fri, 01/08/2010 - 15:25

We are having similiar issues where after you install the cisco TSP and the SFDC connector, you right click on the S in the systray and hit configure, and it doesn't show the Cisco TSP.  We have uninstalled, reinstalled both packages, it works fine on other machines(with his account).  Not sure how else to troubleshoot...

Ideas?

chris unger Mon, 01/11/2010 - 06:10

It help clear the muddy water,can you verify that the version of TSP needed with either Software Pack 8 or 7.1.3 (UC520) is 2.2.0.5?

Thanks,

deepak.suthar Fri, 01/15/2010 - 12:51

What are my options for troubleshooting the TSP not showing up in the Salesforce connector?

MICHAEL JOHNSON Tue, 04/13/2010 - 15:52

I understand Cisco does not support this integration, but is there any documentation on this solution (not bullshit marketing material, but real installation assistance material) that a partner can use to assist a client with installation? It seems there is a big marketing push from Cisco on this solution, but no real documentation.

Cisco, if there is not technical documentation, you are leaving us partners out to dry on this one. Please HELP!

We got the TAPI part down, but what do we need to do to make it work with / on the salesforce side for the UC solution set?

Actions

This Discussion