Cisco View 6.1.7

CW Assistant 1.0.1

DFM 3.0.2

IPM 4.0.1

Integration Utility 1.7.1

LMS Portal 1.0.1

RME 4.1.1

HUM 1.0.0 (Eval)

We have bought the software just over 1 year ago. The System is used on a private WAN that has no internet connectivity, so all updates have to be manually installed. I have the following questions,

1- I am able to use our CCO login to download device updates, but there are a lot. Are the latest device updates, MDFs inclusive of all the previous ones or I have to download each one separately?

2- Will my current License allow me free upgrade to LMS 3.1 or higher in order to avoid many incremental updates? The product description on the license claim certificate is LMS 3.0 Devise Restricted Upgrade for LMS 2.5.x, 2.6

3- Can I directly upgrade from Campus Manager 5.0.2 to 5.0.5?

All help is appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

indeed,

There is no difference in the package.

It's just the license that makes it go beyond the 90 days and beyond a 100 devices

Cheers,

Michel

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

1 I'm tolled it is possible to download all updates and place them in a directory on your server. That should work.

Until now I always let the server connect to CCO, usually using a PC as a proxy, to avoid any dependency issues.

2 Your current license is valid for any 3.X version

3 Yes

Cheers,

Michel

Thanks michel for your reply,

I still need more clarification regarding the device updates, mdfs and service packs. Is it enough to download the latest version of these updates (exmaple Common Services mdf 1.36) or I have to download all previous updates (example Common Services mdf 1.22 to 1.36)?

For the LMS 3.x update, I cannot locate a full download for LMS 3.2, only LMS 3.0 dec 2007 update is available from the software download area. But all latest versions of Campus Manager, RME, DFM, etc. are available separately. Does this mean I have to download each and upgrade each module once at a time? Wont I face any compatibility issues with these modules?

Thanks again

For that I'm not sure.

I tried once to place a package and it failed because it missed another package. I download that, it failed because it missed another package.etc

Then I place a proxy on a pc that had internet access.

If you install LMS 3.2 first then I think there is only one mdf update for now.

You can download it here

http://www.cisco.com/go/nmsevals

Cheers,

Michel

Thanks Michel.

So this LMS 3.2 is an evaluation version, but I guess entering my License would make it a complete one, right?

indeed,

There is no difference in the package.

It's just the license that makes it go beyond the 90 days and beyond a 100 devices

Cheers,

Michel

Michel correctly answered regarding the LMS 3.2 being able to use your 3.0 license file. I did this same thing myself.

Regarding the updates, they are cumulative. If you install the latest version, it will roll up the earlier ones. The Common services MDF update is a key one - you'll need to install that first before most of the RME updates will successfully install.

Be sure to check your logs after each install. CW won't necesarily highlight an install failure due to a dependency not having been met (although it says it will alert you).

Also, I've been finding it necessary to restart the server after package updates. The auto-restart process is kicking off but when daemon manager restarts, it's not starting up Apache. Doing a subsequent manual daemon manager restart isn't doing the trick either. I may open a new thread on that issue....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: