cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to apply route patterns in missed calls

reg_cisco
Level 1
Level 1

I need to configure the following: When I have a missed call from the outside for example 987655432 I need that route pattern that I have configured with 09XXXXXX apply it when user calls from missed calls in the phone. Thanks.

7 Replies 7

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You can't unfortunately. Your only option would be to add a prefix on the Gateway/Trunk, Device Pool, or Service Paramater level configuration. The downside to this is it will modify the alerting information (caller ID) and CDR as well. It just performs a transformation on the ANI essentially.

The real solution to this problem is in the E.164-enabled dial plan design introduced in UCM 7.0. This is a significant undertaking to learn though. You can get started on the idea with the UCM SRND:

http://cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/7x/uc7_0.html

And It couldn't be that numbers from outside like 9XXXXXXX or 6XXXXXXX will be with a 0 in the first position?.

Yes, there is a number of ways.

Via a translation pattern, via a transformation pattern or thru the CUCM Service parameters.

If calls are tagged correctly you can use the Service Parameters, otherwise use the transformation pattern or translation pattern depending on your version and what's available. There are plenty of posts on the matter if you search NetPro.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

How can I do it?. Thanks.

dan
Level 1
Level 1

What type of gateway are you using? H323, MGCP...

MGCP

this is will help you to configure it step by step

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a00805b6f33.shtml

good luck

if helpful Rate

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: