UC 500 ringtone

Unanswered Question
Dec 10th, 2009
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Hi Guys,

I have read the guide on how to change the ringtone for UC 500 (internal call and external call)But the answer is not there, can somebody help me about this?

2 companies share a phone system. Each business has 3 hunting lines. They want both businesses to ring differently on their phone sets so they can pick-up the phone without looking at them.  Does the UC500 support multiple ring tones per extension?  (i.e. each phone is set up with two extensions; one for business A and the other for business B).

Or can the phone/UC500 only support one ring tone per IP end point?

Thanks a lot for the help guys!

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
ronlewis Fri, 12/11/2009 - 11:30
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

You can only setup different ring tones per phone, not per DN/Line on UC500/CME.

Ring tone is set on the phone itself, under settings....

Ron Lewis

Cisco

awahabmirza Fri, 03/19/2010 - 19:16
User Badges:

Has this changed since then?

We have a very similiar scenario, is that possible to configure multiple ring tones per phone? Lets say:

Phone A: Button 1 - standard ring

Phone A: Button 2 - differnt than standard ring

Thanks,

ronlewis Mon, 03/22/2010 - 09:10
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

CME on ISR or UC500 does not allow you to select a different ring tone per button like CM.

You can assign a unique ring tone to a button, a feature call distictive ring tone , which by default is tripple ring, instead of standard 2on/4 off in North America for outside callers.

The link Marco's provided shows how to change this tone file to something else using cli.

If you are comfortable using CLI, details on this are here in the CME admin guide, CCA does not support this feature,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmering.html#wpmkr1011798

Ron Lewis

Cisco

ronlewis Wed, 03/24/2010 - 16:23
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,

Looks like I am out of date with this feature, engineering sneaked in feature without telling us marketing folks.

You can choose a different ring tone per button now. Go to settings, ring type, then per button choose ring tone desired.

Ron Lewis

Cisco

codeangels Mon, 04/26/2010 - 09:50
User Badges:

Ron,

Yes, it is possible to define per button ring tone now, but unfortunately the buttons which are defined as "feature" ignore this setting and still use the typical "feature ring tone".

Is there a way to change that?

Perhaps to change the whole ringtone for feature ring alltogether, this would be ok as well!

Regards

Marcos Hernandez Tue, 05/04/2010 - 08:44
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

You care correct. When feature ring is enabled, the normal ring tone won't apply.

Marcos

Actions

This Discussion