Views
Helpful
Replies

Need ANI details of calls landing during Out of business hours

abraham23482
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Our Contact Center management has raised a new requirement to report with the ANI details of calls landing at any skill groups during put of business hours.

Options that we have is

1. Webview report - Call Type 22 and 23

But in this, If we specify put of business timings and generate the report it will give the number of calls and not its ANI.

2. Call detail report from our custom report application.

Here the problem is, this report will give details of calls landing during business hours alone. The reason is that only the calls that utilizes VXML ports in CVP gets to this custom report. The calls coming in during of hours is handled at ICM level and to play the out of office hours prompt it utilizes CVP port not VXML and terminates the call.

Is there any way to get this ANI details without having to modify this custom report much. Please assist in this. Let me know if you need any more details.

11 Replies 11

You will have to create or modify a report fot this purpose.  How much is really realtive, but a pretty simple query in the HDS should give you the details that you're looking for.  The hard part is going to make the report look pretty and provide any other information you might be looking for.  Like DNIS, SG, datetime, etc.

david

If calls after hours peg a certain distinct call type, you can easily run a SQL query on the Termination_Call_Detail table in the HDS after close of business and obtain the ANIs you need. Not WebView, of course. But the data is there.

Regards,

Geoff

Geoff,

First of all, thanks for your reply. We had tried running this query but running queries regularly is not feasible as per Cisco's recomendation and moreover retrieving the data using query will not give us a report format.

One more thing we noticed is when we run the query for out of office hour calls with the call type id, we are getting multiple columns for the same call with the same ANI.

Assuming you're not running a huge load against your HDS, this kind of custom report should be fine.  I'm sure you can set up a process to export the data to a secondary database if you really want to avoid taxing your production environment.  As for the multipe rows with one ANI, you can limit your query by Disposition of 13 maybe.  This will give you one row with one ANI for when the call hung up.  Hope this makes sense.

david

Hi Abraham,

David is absolutely correct.

Multiple rows of entries corresponding to same ANI are basically different call legs for the single call. Alternatively, a very good way to limit the entries in your Select query would be to use a set of correct DNIS value as you expect it to be. It would be suggested to fire this query during early morning hours or begining of ur production hours or when you expect least call volume. This should not affect performance of HDS.

Regards,

Soman Nair.

abraham23482
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I tried the query below

Select ANI, DateTime,CallDisposition, DNIS from dbo.t_Termination_Call_Detail where DateTime between '2009-12-09 21:00:00' and '2009-12-10 07:59:59' and CallTypeID = '5115' and DNIS = '5511' and CallDisposition='13'

Still I am getting mutiple enteries for the same ANI and because of this the total count of calls is not matching with that in Webview report.

Examine the rows where the ANI is the same, and presumably, the date/times are close together. Same RouterCallKey? Since you are using CVP, you are probably seeing the switch leg and the VRU leg - eliminate one.

Regards,

Geoff

Same ANI is coming multiple times with the same timings and different Router call key.

That's pretty strange.

Let's just see how you are doing this. Once you detect the out of hours situation in your Routing Script (either by checking a Global variable refreshed by an Admin script or by having a Time of Day node directly in the routing script), do you set a Call Type?

Then after setting the call type, I assume you play a CVP message and Release the call. Correct?

When you query the TCD on this call type you should only see your after hours calls. Let's look at one of the calls.

You should see two rows in the TCD, one with the DNIS of your number on the gateway, or from the PSTN carrier, and one with the VRU transfer label (say 8111111111) - maybe that's in the DigitsDialed column, I'm not in front of an HDS database and can't check. This is all you should see for a call that comes out of hours.

Both these legs should have the same RouterCallKey with different RouterCallKeySequenceNumbers.

Do you see this?

What is happening with another call at a similar time with a different RouterCallKey ? That doesn't make sense.

Maybe you could do a query and show us the output?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff / All

I run the query and there were no duplicate or multiple entries. However the the number of calls is not matching with that in Webview report for the same call type and duration. May be I am making some mistake in the query, will thoroughly check tonight and get back.

Screenshot.JPG

That screen shot looks fine. The number of TCD entries and the number indicated by the WebView call type report for the same period should match. Have a closer look. You need to remove the disposition, most likely. You will have most callers abandoning in the closed message, but some will listen right through and will be released - so they will have a different disposition. Check the schema guide.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: