cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modify Calling Name - TCL Script

jcarlyle
Level 1
Level 1

I have SIP connection on a 2800 gateway that also terminates two PRI's.  The PBX connected via the SIP trunk can only send a single Caller Name per line, ie for John Smith it sends out John Smith.  They would like to have the personal name sent internally but to the PSTN they would like "Company X" displayed.  A colleague forwarded me an old TCL script that can be used on a VoIP dial peer to overwrite the Caller Name which is exactly what I need, unfortunately it was written in 2003 and some of the commands that are used to implement this script no longer exist in IOS it seems (call application commands).

Does anyone have a newer version of this script or an alternative way to accomplish this?

12 Replies 12

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Currently, there are limited configuration facilities to handle names in IOS.

If you are interested  in acquiring a TCL/IVR script that does that, contact me at the address present in my profile.

Hi,

I'm trying to accomplish the same.

I have a 2811 running IOS 12.4.22T with CME 7.0.1. The IP address of this box is 192.168.130.2

I have uploaded the caller_name.tcl script to the flash of the router and added the command tftp-server flash:caller_name.tcl

I have created an application :

application
service caller tftp://192.168.130.2/caller_name.tcl

As the script documentation is saying, I have added a dial peer :

dial-peer voice 4000 pots
description Incoming PSTN Calls
service caller
incoming called-number 99999999..$
direct-inward-dial

Next to this, I have a database that has my names and numbers and a webpage that connects to this database.

if I run the webpage from the browser like this : http://IP_of_web_server/IPTelephony/index.php?ani=phone _number

then I get a name matching this phone number printed on the screen.

However, nothing different is being displayed on the screen of my ipphone when I dial from a CI that is registered in te DB. I just see the normal cli on the screen as before.

Any help in getting this to work is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeroen

Is this one of my script? You can contact me at the address present in my profile if interested in acquiring it and having it work 100%.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Not sure who wrote the script, I downloaded it from a different forum.

Anyway, in the mean time I got it to work perfectly. The issue was with my webpage, it was set to accept it via _GET and not _POST.

Do you know if it is also possible to push a picture of the caller to the phone?

Thanks,

Jeroen

No, that would require additional programming in XML and I'm not even sure it would work.

Note, if the script is not the one I wrote, chances are that transfer calls is not possible.

Hi! please do you think you could send me the webpage you created? I got the same problem...

thank you for your help...

should I replaced the

to my own incoming pattern as follow?

incoming called-number 9...

samhopealpha wrote:

should I replaced the

to my own incoming pattern as follow?

incoming called-number 9...

Please open new thread for new problems, detailing them in full.

I have opened a new thread in here

https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3724525#3724525

but seems not so many replies ....

You can refer to the site mentioned in my profile for a fully working and supported solution.

I have visited your profile, but I can't find where is it, could you give me a direct link?

Thank you

Just read my profile and it is at the very end. My email address is also there.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: