cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Force automatic reboot, if traffic ceases on an interface??

jefferybjohnson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

I am using wireless HWIC's in my Cisco 1841 to connect up via VPN to our remote office, using verizon EVDO as circuit.  My question is; we loose connectivity often and a reboot always brings the node back online. As a short term fix we are looking for a command or a configuration that will allow us to reboot when we see an interface have no traffic....

Thanks

Jeff Johnson

2 Replies 2

chris_younkers
Level 1
Level 1

Jeffery

Goota love people with suggestions and no details, THAT BE ME.

But if no traffic is causing the issue, maybe a better solution may be to create some keep-live traffic generated on the interface. The details on how to do that elude me but i do believe it can be done in the router, or maybe even on a netwotrk managment station sending pings..... ISDN days....!

TCP Keepalives???

-CHRIS

we do have solar winds that is constantly contacting the node, and traffic is always being generated on this link, but the problem is that we loose connectivity to it (cant ping it or ssh to it) and it takes a reboot to bring it back online. I'm kinda looking for a temp fix that will just reboot the router until we have enough time to fully troubleshoot reason for disconnects.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card