cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can Not Create T3 Multilink on 7613

davidhuynh5
Level 1
Level 1

I currently have two T3 multilinked on 7206vxr and need to move this multilink over to a new chasis (Cisco 7613, IOS 12.2(33) SRC4).

When I try to create the multilink on the 7613 it does not work. I'ev created multilinks before and have never had any issues. Attached is the show tech. Does anyone know why it doesn't work? Any assistance would be greatly appreicated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello David,

>> just so that I understand you correctly. I will have to break the bundle and create seperate /30 connections for each WAN link?

yes this is your only option

Hope to help

Giuseppe

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello David,

you have

5    0  2 port adapter Enhanced FlexWAN        WS-X6582-2PA

see restrictions for distributed multilink in flexwan configuration guide

Distributed MLPPP is supported only for member links configured at T1/E1 or subrate T1/E1 speeds. Channelized STM-1/T3/T1 interfaces also support dMLPPP at T1/E1 or subrate T1/E1 speeds. Distributed MLPPP is not supported for member links configured at clear-channel T3/E3 or higher interface speeds.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/routers/7600/install_config/flexwan_config/features.html#wp84027

you need to move to two or three parallel L3 links

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hi giuslar,

just so that I understand you correctly. I will have to break the bundle and create seperate /30 connections for each WAN link?

thanks.

Hello David,

>> just so that I understand you correctly. I will have to break the bundle and create seperate /30 connections for each WAN link?

yes this is your only option

Hope to help

Giuseppe

As usual Guislar, thanks for your help. Please change your handle to "CiscoGod":-)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card