Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

S360 routing issue

I recently installed an Ironport S360 box. Using only the M1 interface in proxy forward mode. I have an issue with routing. I have defined routes on the box for networks in different subnets but the Ironport is not able to route traffic to these networks. Everything works fine with traffic from the same subnet or if I have it pointing to a core network switch with those routes. Is there any reason the M1 interface would not adhere to the defined routing list?

1 Reply 1

cdeeds
Level 1
Level 1

Well, I can only think of a couple of possible things you could check.  Do you have the slash notation mask added to the end of your route statements?  It should be entered as "Route Name" "Destination Network" and then "Gateway", for example:  "Route to NetworkA" "192.168.1.0/24" "192.168.2.1".

If this is not the case, do you have the "Restrict M1 port to appliance management services only" check mark selected under your Interfaces section?

Hope that helps.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: