Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple default routes

dennisv99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there a way to let a router choose one of multiple default routes depending of source ip address or source interface?

I have a C4015 with multiple vlans. There is a firewall connected to this switch. The C4015 has a static route (0.0.0.0/0) pointed to the interface of the firewall.

For testing purposes i have a second firewall interface (with an ip adress in a different subnet) connected to the switch.

Now i want traffic to 0.0.0.0/0 with a specific source address or a specific source vlan interface to be routed to the second (test) firewall interface.

thanks in advance

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

DennisV99 wrote:

Hi,

Is there a way to let a router choose one of multiple default routes depending of source ip address or source interface?

I have a C4015 with multiple vlans. There is a firewall connected to this switch. The C4015 has a static route (0.0.0.0/0) pointed to the interface of the firewall.

For testing purposes i have a second firewall interface (with an ip adress in a different subnet) connected to the switch.

Now i want traffic to 0.0.0.0/0 with a specific source address or a specific source vlan interface to be routed to the second (test) firewall interface.

thanks in advance

Dennis

Yes, you can use PBR (Policy Based Routing) to do this which allows you to set the next-hop based on source IP address.

Just to clarify - what exactly is your switch - haven't heard of a C4015 ?

Jon

View solution in original post

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes for your requirement go with PBR check out the below link hope this will help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a008009481d.shtml

Regards

Ganesh.H

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

DennisV99 wrote:

Hi,

thanks in advance

Dennis

Yes, you can use PBR (Policy Based Routing) to do this which allows you to set the next-hop based on source IP address.

Just to clarify - what exactly is your switch - haven't heard of a C4015 ?

Jon

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Yes for your requirement go with PBR check out the below link hope this will help you

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_tech_note09186a008009481d.shtml

Regards

Ganesh.H

dennisv99
Level 1
Level 1

Jon, Ganesh.H,

Thanks.

I think PBR does what i'm looking for.

Jon,

It's a 4010

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card