Views
Helpful
Replies

Forcing a send to VRU label

fabien.damien
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i would like to know if it's possible to specify which send to vru label icm to send,

regards,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Before there was SIP, there was H.323. The branch-office problem was solved there too.

Cisco have the same setup in H.323, but you are looking for a different setting.

The configuration item is in the CVP VB and you should configure "SetTransferLabel" to the VRU transfer label. To prevent CUCM originated calls being sent back to a Subscriber, and the IP addresses as a comma-separated list to "SetExcludeIP"

Search the manual for the two terms above.

(When asking a CVP question, stating SIP or H.323 is always advisable)

Regards,

Geoff

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

Are you asking a CVP question? The answer you need to hear is basically "no".

The label returned is configured in the network VRU explorer. The NVRU is configured for the entire ICM in System Information. The label depends on the customer configured on the dialed number the call came in on, and the routing client. Outside of this there is no way to fiddle this label.

What is your reason for asking this?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

here's what i'm trying to achieve. I have an ipcc deployed in a company's HQ, and branches where ingress and vxml gateways are deployed on the same 2821 router. so the call hits the router at the branches and gets transfered to HQ for call routing and IVR processing (using a voip dial peer). I need a specific label to be returned based on a dialed number on ICM. to be able to send the vru leg to a specific vxml gateway. Hope this explains the scenario.

thanks in advance,

This is a classic "branch office" deployment, where the voice gateway at the branch is a combined ingress-vxml gateway.

We want the VRU leg to run on the same gateway as the incoming call.

If we have a number of gateways and put static routes in the SIP Proxy for the VRU transfer label (say 8111111111*) then the proxy will round robin the SIP INVITES across the set of gateways. Thus we cannot control which gateway the VRU leg will go to. Sometimes it will be correct, and run on the ingress gateway - and most of the time it will be incorrect and run on the wrong gateway, requiring an RTP stream between the ingress gateway and the VXML gateway.

This is elegantly solved by not having the VRU transfer label configured in the Proxy, but added to the "Send To Originator" area of the SIP section configuration of the CVP Call Servers. Add "8111111111>" to this section - the greater-than sign is a wild card that deals with the appended correlation ID. Also add the ringtone label 91919191 and the error label 92929292 to this section.

The Call Server will check the Send To Originator section first - before asking the Proxy. When the original INVITE comes from an IOS gateway, that information will be in the SDP section of the SIP request, and so it will be in the INVITE for the 8111111111xxx label. Under these conditions, the Call Server will send the INVITE back to the ingress gateway, catching your dial peer and starting the bootstrap service. When the call is sent to an agent, the ringback will also run on the originating gateway.

With this configuration, no matter how many gateways you have, the VRU leg will always run on the ingress gateway.

Why won't this be suitable?

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

thanks for the explanation, apprerciate it much, i will use it in my future sip hub and spoke deployments. But the signaling used in this project is H323.

it would be nice if you can explain how can h323 handle the issue.

Regards,

Before there was SIP, there was H.323. The branch-office problem was solved there too.

Cisco have the same setup in H.323, but you are looking for a different setting.

The configuration item is in the CVP VB and you should configure "SetTransferLabel" to the VRU transfer label. To prevent CUCM originated calls being sent back to a Subscriber, and the IP addresses as a comma-separated list to "SetExcludeIP"

Search the manual for the two terms above.

(When asking a CVP question, stating SIP or H.323 is always advisable)

Regards,

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

Sorry for not mentioning the signaling used before, your last past is very helpful.

I appreciate your help,

Cheers,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: