UCCX 7 - temporary wav files, when are they cleared?

Unanswered Question

Hello all,

On my UCCX 7 installation I run a script (attached) which records various MOTD for 3 contact centres. The recording part of the script specifically stores the temporary recording in the prompt repository (eg Prompts\user\de_DE\RP\TEMP and when the user confirms that it should be written to disk, it is then stored in the correct prompt repository for the specific contact centre.

However, I noticed that when making the recordings a number of temporary wav files are automatically created in the c:\program files\wfavvid\temp directory.  These files all have numeric (well, nearly all numeric) names such as [email protected] and are the same size as my recorded files using the script.

I am wondering why the temp files appear in the wfavvid\temp directory even though my script says to create the files in de_DE\RP\TEMP.  Also, are they automatically cleared down and if so when? I've also noticed that for a while these files are in use and I cannot manually delete them.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Anthony Holloway Tue, 12/15/2009 - 12:41

You do not have to upload you prompts to the repository until you're ready to.

Just use the resulting document as if it were a prompt and it'll work out great.

The temp dir is not defined in any document that I know of, but it looks to be like the default location for storing temporary prompts which are recorded from the recording step.

I'm not sure how long it lasts, but I can tell you that if you restart the engine, the files get deleted.

This Discussion