LMS 3.2 Internal Error in Communication Channel

Answered Question
Dec 11th, 2009
User Badges:

Hello,


I am having an issue with the DCR in which I get the error "Internal Error in Communication Channel" after trying to edit the credentials of a device.


It started when I tried to add a device to the DCR, with all credentials, and it wouldn't show up in the DCR. I tried this 3x, but no luck. I was eventually able to do so by using the Bulk Import, and having the single device (with all the credentials) in the .csv file.


Now that the device is in the DCR, I need to edit the User Defined Fields - but when I try to, I get the error mentioned above.


I've seen other threads here that talk about multi-server setups, and FQDNs, but I'm not using any of that. I've also noticed that there is a bug ID for it, CSCtd07131, but it says 'release-pending'.


Am I up the creek until an update comes out? (its not just user defined fields, btw, I'm unable to modify any credentials.)


Thanks

Correct Answer by Michel Hegeraat about 7 years 5 months ago

When you restart the ciscoworks processes you should always give a couple of minutes and log on when the cpu starts to come down.


If it continues to error when you add or modify you better open a case with the tac.


The bug you mention is only if you have multiple systems with a master and slave DCR


Cheers,


Michel

  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5
Overall Rating: 5 (1 ratings)
Loading.
Correct Answer
Michel Hegeraat Fri, 12/11/2009 - 11:16
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

When you restart the ciscoworks processes you should always give a couple of minutes and log on when the cpu starts to come down.


If it continues to error when you add or modify you better open a case with the tac.


The bug you mention is only if you have multiple systems with a master and slave DCR


Cheers,


Michel

Mario Elia Fri, 12/11/2009 - 11:43
User Badges:

Thanks Michael,


It looks like I'll have to open up a case with the TAC about this then.


Thanks again.

Joe Clarke Fri, 12/11/2009 - 13:16
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

Actually, this has nothing to do with CPU utilization.  I wrote a patch for bug CSCtd07131 which is available by contacting the TAC.  If you are running LMS on a multi-CPU Windows box, then this is most likely the cause of your problem.

Mario Elia Wed, 12/16/2009 - 09:06
User Badges:

Thanks jclarke,


I created a case with TAC and they sent me the patch. Havent had a problem since.


Thanks again.

Tochukwu Iwuora Wed, 12/14/2011 - 06:40
User Badges:

Hi All,


Please can you attach the patch for me too. I am having the same problem.


Thanks,

Tochukwu Iwuora Wed, 12/14/2011 - 07:07
User Badges:

Hi All,


The issue does not occur when I use Google Chrome15.0.874.121m browser. Previously I was using Mozilla 3.0.


Regards,


Tochi

Joe Clarke Wed, 12/14/2011 - 09:05
User Badges:
  • Cisco Employee,
  • Hall of Fame,

    Founding Member

The patch is available as part of the LMS 3.2.1 update, which is downloadable from Cisco.com.  The browser has nothing to do with it.  It's a timing issue on the server side.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content