cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Issue with Cisco 2912 XL

dionjiles
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to import this device into Ciscoworks and I have verified the settings on the devices matches what I have in DCR.

I am using LMS 3.2 and when I perform a packet capture against the devices it appears not to be responding to snmp requests.

I am however able to collect inventory and archive backup on the server I have LMS 3.1 installed on.

It is anything I need to verify on the LMS 3.2 server like a package update or something to see whats wrong?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I agree, it is not responding to SNMP requests.  It could be that you have an ACL configured on the community string which only permits the LMS 3.1 server.  Or, there may be a firewall in the network filtering udp/161 for all hosts except the LMS 3.1 server.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I agree, it is not responding to SNMP requests.  It could be that you have an ACL configured on the community string which only permits the LMS 3.1 server.  Or, there may be a firewall in the network filtering udp/161 for all hosts except the LMS 3.1 server.

Thanks I will check the firewall to see what is going on.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: