cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Polycom IP450 phone and Call Manager 7.x

rudyfaber
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone had any success getting this phone to register to Call Manager?  I have been jumping through hoops all day - I am not able to get the phone to register to CM.  It gets an IP Address from the DHCP server and I have hard coded the Call Manager's IP address with port 5060 and udp trans etc.  I also created a end user for the digest credentials.

Any help would be greatly appercaited.

Thanks

4 Replies 4

TPETZOLD
Level 1
Level 1

Here are some things to check.

On the phones Security Profile is Enable Digest Authentication checked?

Make sure that under the phone configuration - Protocol Specific Information, that the user you created is listed as the Digest User

On the User page the password you enter into the phone must match the Digest Credentials on the End User's configuraiton page. It doesn't use the users password filed.

Check these out and let me know if it helps.

Tom,

thank you for your reply.  I did check all of the items listed above.  I do not see the phone even attempting to register when I run the RTM tool.

I do have the phone configured with the following -

the user and password match that of the digest user.

the port is UDP 5060 and Register field has Yes.

The 3rd party is ext@callmanager'sipaddress.

Will I see an attempt for registration in the RTM?

thanks

Rudy

Doug Block
Level 1
Level 1

I have been tasked with making this work in a 8.5.1 cluster.  The best I can do so far is see in RTMT traces that the phone is trying to pull it's MAC.cfg file.  I do see it attempt to also pull a 000000000000.cfg file for it's base configs but I would hate to have to hand code each phone's config file in to the TFTP server to make this SIP phone work.  Has any one mde one of these work in UCM as either SIP basic or SIP advance?  If  they have made one work was with another firmware load and if so what.  Thanks we just aquired over 100 of these when we aquired another small company and they would like to keep this handset if possible for a bit before we completely over-haul them.

Polycom ip450 phone has the 4.2.2.0 firmware on it.

Doug

Communications Manager won't build configuration files for 3rd party phones. There is no standard configuration file format so each vendor has their own unique format. You will need to build the configuration file for the phone and either upload it to the CUCM TFTP server or another 3rd party server.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: