cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Forwarding with Caller id on UC500

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

I've read some posts asking, read a few on this issue on Call Manager, but I need to know if there is a way to have a UC500 system ( UC520, 540, and 560) pass the caller id info of the calling party through on a call forward?  Right now it passes the info of our Main line on our SIP account. We'd like it to be the calling party's caller id. 

and on the wish list is passing caller id of the calling party through on a SnR call...since it's sort of a conference call it seems liek ti should. A regular conference call does. Is it a different type of conference call?

Thx,

Stacy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

Forwarding the original caller ID for an SNR call or call forward is something we can enable on the UC500 but the calls will fail from your SIP trunk provider such as CBeyond as they need to see caller ID for calls from UC500 to match the DIDs assigned to that customer. So this is a limitation currently of how SPs treat caller ID.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Maulik Shah
Level 5
Level 5

Forwarding the original caller ID for an SNR call or call forward is something we can enable on the UC500 but the calls will fail from your SIP trunk provider such as CBeyond as they need to see caller ID for calls from UC500 to match the DIDs assigned to that customer. So this is a limitation currently of how SPs treat caller ID.

How would you enable passing the Caller ID for those providers that allow it?

On the UC520 - you can do the below via CLI

telephony-service

calling-number initiator

I just came across this thread and have 2 FXO ports.  I enabled the command below, but when a call is forwarded, the caller id is shown as the number of the FXO it was forwarded on.  Any ideas?

FXO ports are a different matter.  The UC500 cannot set the caller id on the FXO ports.  That is performed at the telco.

This will only work for SIP and PRI/BRI trunks.

Hmm, bummer.  Thanks for the info.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: