cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MLPPP for 2514?

bbuhlman
Level 1
Level 1

Think back...2514 with two serial ports, can I bind two DS1's together with MLPPP on this old platform? I have found references for multi-chassis multi-link but I'm not sure its the same thing.

Thanks,

Bill

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

tprendergast
Level 3
Level 3

I don't believe so. MLPPP was introduced in 12.2.8T for most routers (while it was released in 12.0S for the 7xxx series). The 2514 doesn't support anything in the T train.

You can see the specifics in http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t15/feature/guide/mplsdmlp.html

Rate if that helps. Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

tprendergast
Level 3
Level 3

I don't believe so. MLPPP was introduced in 12.2.8T for most routers (while it was released in 12.0S for the 7xxx series). The 2514 doesn't support anything in the T train.

You can see the specifics in http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_2t/12_2t15/feature/guide/mplsdmlp.html

Rate if that helps. Thanks!

Software advisor reports 12.0(17) has MLPPP for 2514 but I can't download it. Checking with 12.1(5T)

I give up...I would have to upgrade DRAM and Flash even if I did find an IOS that I could download. its looks like its supported (from software advisor anyway)

Your link references MLPPP for MPLS, not the same thing. MLPPP was introduced much earlier.

Bill

If you have the router with you, why can't you just use a "interface multilink 1" and see if it creates the interface? You'll get your a

nswer in a few seconds and it won't even affect your production traffic.

Thats the thing, I don't have the router with me and don't have access to it. I am trying to do a bit of research before hand. Your answer is right on though, I will try to add an mlppp interface first thing. Can't expect much performance but hey...

Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card