cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCIMOC on Windows 7 - disappearing registery entires after reboot kills CUCIMOC

bvanbenschoten
Level 5
Level 5

CUCIMOC on Windows 7 - disappearing registry entrees after reboot kills CUCIMOC
I've been running CUCIMOC on Windows 7 since Win7 was RTM back at the end of august.
It worked fine with the exception of the softphone (which i was aware of and is not a big deal)
I had deskphone control and custom status working fine.
At some point along the way, after I would reboot windows CUCIMOC wouldn't work properly.
I determined that after a reboot, 4 of the registry entries needed by CUCIMOC/CSF just vanish
If I put they keys back in, kill the CUCSF.exe and CUCIMOC.exe, restart the conservation pane everything  is good again.
They disappear at the next restart

I don't recall exactly when this might have happened.  Wondering if one of the Windows updates along the way did something.
This is happening to another engineer in our company.  He also built his own Win 7 install. Neither or our notebooks are on the domain, no group policies, etc..

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

Anyone in the BU testing on Windows 7 yet?

Windows 7 - 32 bit  (version 61. build 7600)  All automatic windows updates installed to date
CUCIMOC  7.1(1281.8320)
CSF version 7.1(5)-1.10.0
MOC Version 2007 R2  (3.5.6907.56)

Registry keys missing from

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Client Services Framework\AdminData

The circled keys in the image below just vanish after a reboot

CUCIMOC-VanishingRegKeys.PNG

1 Reply 1

jedellerby
Level 1
Level 1

I'm running Win7 64 bit and everything else the same as you, I don't have this issue. One client is in the domain, and one standalone ... reboots have made no impact to the registry settings.

Windows 7 - 64 bit  official release.  All automatic windows updates installed to date
CUCIMOC  7.1(1281.8320)
CSF version 7.1(5)-1.10.0
MOC Version 2007 R2  (3.5.6907.56)

Jed

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: