how to take back a call that can't be transferred on a SPA921?

Unanswered Question
Dec 12th, 2009

Hi,

we recently bought a SPA921. Nice, but there's one often to use procedure which is very troublesome. Maybe someone has an easy way which we missed.

If a call can't be transferred because the phone isn't picked how can one easily get into the first line again? To be specific: A calls the SPA921 and the call should be transferred to B. But if B doesn't pick up how can one easily get in line with A again?

Would also be nice if the display could e.g. show if the line of B is busy so that a transfer doesn't need to be tried at all.

Than ks for any help.

Andreas

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Alberto Montilla Mon, 12/14/2009 - 07:21

Dear Sir;

If the call has been blind transferred, try doing a call pickup of the call. If the call is still in your phone context then pressing hookflash should be enough.

Regards
Alberto

nMMn-CISCO Tue, 04/07/2015 - 06:11

I know this is an old thread, but I found this via google and had the same problem. I solved it though, so I thought I'd post the solution:

I get a call, press xfer but I then either misdial or the xfer partner does not pick up. I then hang up. The display says "Holding <time>". At this point, the soft buttons should read:

resume | dir | cfwd | dnd

and you have to press "resume" to get the call back.

I did not have the resume button, and this was the problem. After hanging up while having a call on hold, my soft buttons looked like this:

lcr | ___ | ___ | miss

This was the key. It doesn't work if you have missed calls. To solve it, press the "miss" button, then "cancel". You then have to pick up and hang up the handset once, then your resume button will become available.

If you don't have new missed calls in your display, the buttons will look like in the first example right away and you have no problems resuming a call.

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content