cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Video and Voice over BRI

billlfilt
Level 1
Level 1

I'm looking to lab voice and video over a BRI connection.  At this point I've got a CallManager lab set up with a SIP endpoint(XLITE) registered to a "internal" CM7.1 publisher.  The "internal" CM and a 2821 is setup to do MGCP BRI backhauling of one of the VIC2-2BRI-NT-TE interfaces(0/0/0).  The 2821 has a BRI cross connect wire between interfaces 0/0/0 and 0/0/1.  The 2821 is also configured for H323 and has dial peers associated with BRI interface 0/0/1.  Another "pstn" CM7.1 publisher registers with the 2821 via H323.  XLITE is registered as a SIP client to the "pstn" CM.

The lab was originally setup for only voice, so the dial-peer has  "codec g711u" within it.  As well, the BRI interfaces are setup with "incoming voice".  Can voice and video be configured to go across the BRI interfaces?  Will MGCP allow setup the setup of a video call?  Does anyone have an example config?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"native" video over isdn is supported, but not with mgcp and not within any certification curricula.

So I think you can ignore it.

Of course you can do video over data, but the vic is a voice only card, not data.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

"native" video over isdn is supported, but not with mgcp and not within any certification curricula.

So I think you can ignore it.

Of course you can do video over data, but the vic is a voice only card, not data.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: