cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Windows Updates for Call Manager and Unity Servers

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Hi All, I have a couple of Call Mangers Running version 4.1 and a Unity server all running windows 2000 OS. I see alot of windows updates availble for all servers however, I'm aprehensive to installing all the updates. What's the reccomendation to installing windows updates on Call managers and Unity servers?

thanks,

Dan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Dan,

Just add a CCM note to the great tips from Brad (+5 points here Brad )

Yes, you need to use Cisco Specific patches

Check via CCO;

Software Downloads> Voice and Unified Communications> IP Telephony> Call Control> Cisco Unified Communications Manager> **Pick CCM Version (eg: 4.1 with Lock Icon)> Voice Applications OS and BIOS Upgrades

Hope this helps!

Rob

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

I can speak for the Unity side.  The ServerUpdatesWizard for Unity 5.x+ (4.x has been end of code maintenance for a few months now) located http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/updates/wizard/2009cuupwz.html is how you'd want to patch your system.  The updates will work on both Windows 2000 and Windows 2003, but compatibility testing done on the 4.x Unity software and these patches has ceased so there are no promises.

I'm almost certain (if memory serves) that on the Call Manager side that there is also a specific set of Cisco-provided patches that you'll need to download.  You can't go directly to Microsoft's website due to the OS being a customized version for CCM.  Someone else may want to speak up who has more experience with the CCM Windows patching process...

Hope that helps,

Brad

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey Dan,

Just add a CCM note to the great tips from Brad (+5 points here Brad )

Yes, you need to use Cisco Specific patches

Check via CCO;

Software Downloads> Voice and Unified Communications> IP Telephony> Call Control> Cisco Unified Communications Manager> **Pick CCM Version (eg: 4.1 with Lock Icon)> Voice Applications OS and BIOS Upgrades

Hope this helps!

Rob

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks Rob! 5 for you

dan hale
Level 3
Level 3

Thanks Guys for the info thats exactly what I needed!!!

Dan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: