connecting to cisco UC520

Unanswered Question
Dec 12th, 2009

ok. at work we have a set of books from cisco press on configuring and managing the UC system. in these books, it shows screen shots and gives instructions on configuring services for the UC from a desktop environment. editing services and using a different config utility. my question is this. i have tried RDC, but no response. the only connection i can establish with a serial cable is the CLI. how do i log onto the UC to manage the services as shown in the book? the books act as if i should already know everything about making this type of connection and never bother to explain it.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
John Platts Sat, 12/12/2009 - 16:53

Some of the features in the Unified Communications book apply to Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Business Edition, and Cisco Survivable Remote Site Telephony, but does not apply to the Cisco Smart Business Communications System or Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager Express runs on the following products:

• 1st generation ISRs supporting CME and SRST
  • 2nd generation ISRs supporting CME and SRST
  • UC500 series
    • Cisco UC520
    • Cisco UC540
    • Cisco UC560
  • Cisco IAD 2430

The only method for managing a UC520 with RDP is to use a computer behind the UC500 that has Cisco Configuration Assistant installed, and to use either Cisco Configuration Assistant or the Cisco Unity Express Web GUI on that computer through RDP.

It is possible to Telnet or SSH into any of the routers that support Cisco Unified CME.

mlwartman Sat, 12/12/2009 - 16:58

well that would explain why i was having trouble. lol.

john, you're the man, cisco should cut you checks for support. lol

Actions

This Discussion