Views
Helpful
Replies

How to configure AIR-AP1252AG-E-K9 on Cisco 4400 Wireless Lan Controller

jibuhebron
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

My name is Jibu Ninan Kurian i am new in Cisco Wireless Lan Controller now i have one cisco 4400 WLAN controlles with 50 AP license and 27 AIR-AP1252AG-EK9  AP with c1250-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JDA3 how i can configure this access point on my WLAN controller i need expert help to solve this problam 

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jibu Ninan Kurian,

1.  For starters, I don't know what is the firmware of your WLC.  For 1250 to be supported, you need to use the firmware 4.2.207.0, 5.X or 6.X.  Frankly, I'd stay away from 5.X.
2.  To help you understand and configure your WLC, go through the Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Configuration Guide
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.2/configuration/guide/Controller52CG.html

Hope this helps and please don't forget to rate this post if it's helpful and/or applicable.

View solution in original post

Hi Jibu Ninan Kurian,

When you're dealing with WLC/LWAP the LWAPs firmware will be managed and distributed by the WLC.

For your AP to join the WLC, it must be running on an LWAP image.  The IOS "c1250-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JDA3" does NOT seem like a valid LWAP image.  You will need to upgrade the IOS from Autonomous to LWAP.  Here's the link:

Upgrading Autonomous Cisco Aironet Access Points to Lightweight Mode
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html

Does this help?

Hi Jibu Ninan Kurian,

Doesn't make a difference because once the LWAP joins the WLC, the WLC will distribute the full LWAP IOS to the APs.

9 Replies 9

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jibu Ninan Kurian,

1.  For starters, I don't know what is the firmware of your WLC.  For 1250 to be supported, you need to use the firmware 4.2.207.0, 5.X or 6.X.  Frankly, I'd stay away from 5.X.
2.  To help you understand and configure your WLC, go through the Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Configuration Guide
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/controller/5.2/configuration/guide/Controller52CG.html

Hope this helps and please don't forget to rate this post if it's helpful and/or applicable.

Hi Sir

following are the details

Manufacturer's Name.............................. Cisco Systems Inc.
Product Name..................................... Cisco Controller
Product Version.................................. 5.2.193.0
RTOS Version..................................... 5.2.193.0
Bootloader Version............................... 4.0.206.0

and i have one more question can i use AIR-AP1252AG-E-K9  with WLAN controller or i need to change any IOS on the access point?

Regads

Jibu Ninan Kurian

Hi Jibu Ninan Kurian,

When you're dealing with WLC/LWAP the LWAPs firmware will be managed and distributed by the WLC.

For your AP to join the WLC, it must be running on an LWAP image.  The IOS "c1250-k9w7-tar.124-10b.JDA3" does NOT seem like a valid LWAP image.  You will need to upgrade the IOS from Autonomous to LWAP.  Here's the link:

Upgrading Autonomous Cisco Aironet Access Points to Lightweight Mode
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/conversion/lwapp/upgrade/guide/lwapnote.html

Does this help?

Hi Sir

Thanks for your valued help. when i try to download LWAPP Upgrade image  i got c1250-rcvk9w8-tar.124-21a.JA2.tar this image is sutable for my control and access point ? or you have any suggested Image ?

regards

Jibu ninan Kurian

Hi Jibu Ninan Kurian,

Doesn't make a difference because once the LWAP joins the WLC, the WLC will distribute the full LWAP IOS to the APs.

Hi Sir

I upgarde my 27 Access Point to LWAPP Image, now i am facing new problam only one access point working, balance 26 access lights blinking  in red,blue and green, i disable A radio from WLAN controller, still same, i am using POE power

regards

Jibu Ninan Kurian

If your LWAP rcv image is 12.4(21a)JA2 then you can operate both radios with 15.4w PoE.

LED blinking all colors (fast) means that it is trying or unable to join the WLC.  Can you console into the AP and find observe the logs?

Hi Sir

i am attaching access point booting prossess file AP.txt is booting with PoE power and AP1.txt is booting with power adaptor can you verify this file and anything wrong with access point

regadrs

Jibu Ninan Kurian

Hi Jibu Ninan Kurian,

1.  Your LAP is a AIR-AP1252AG-E.  Is your WLC configured to allow this regulatory domain for Saudi Arabia?
2.  As in my earlier post, please don't confuse the "low power" because the AP is running on a "lite" firmware, the "rcv" lwap image.  Once it's able to successfully join the WLC, the WLC will "pump" the full LWAP image.  In your initial post, it seems that the WLC is running 5.2.193.0.  This version will not upgrade the firmware of the radio modules to operate both radios at 15.4w.
3.  According to both txt files, I can see the LAP getting an IP address from DHCP.  Do you have any other information?  We would like to see the logs regarding the why the LAPs are unwilling to join the WLC.

Troubleshoot a Lightweight Access Point Not Joining a Wireless LAN Controller
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6366/products_tech_note09186a00808f8599.shtml

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card