In our network we are using cisco switch model WS-C2960G-24TC-L. One of the port on switch is unable to receive request.
Before X Server on this port was running fine . We came to known when other port of X server went down and this port couldn't takeup the connectivity .
When we connect other server to this port and want to ping default gateway. The port is not getting response from default gateway.
We tried the following troubleshooting steps:
- We connect the laptop and tried to ping the default gateway but no response
- Changed the vlan on port still their was noresponse
- shutdown / no shutdown on port
- checked the configurating /subnet ,duplex , speed on port
- paket capture on switch port (request is generated from the port to the default gateway but port is not receiveing any request from deatination other side)
- Other ports on same switch are able to receive request from default gateway.
- we chage the cable ,no access list etc in between to default gateway.
NOTE: On port we are able to get the server's MAC address , but on show interface output we see port is receiving input packets but no output packets are displayed.
GigabitEthernet0/2 is down, line protocol is down (notconnect)
Hardware is Gigabit Ethernet, address is xxx.xxx.xxx (bia xxx.xxx.xxx) --- able to get mac of server
MTU 1500 bytes, BW 1000000 Kbit, DLY 10 usec,
reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
Encapsulation ARPA, loopback not set
Keepalive set (10 sec)
Auto-duplex, Auto-speed, media type is 10/100/1000BaseTX
input flow-control is off, output flow-control is unsupported
ARP type: ARPA, ARP Timeout 04:00:00
Last input never, output 00:59:22, output hang never
Last clearing of "show interface" counters 01:56:28
Input queue: 0/75/0/0 (size/max/drops/flushes); Total output drops: 0
Queueing strategy: fifo
Output queue: 0/40 (size/max)
5 minute input rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
5 minute output rate 0 bits/sec, 0 packets/sec
535 packets input, 36292 bytes, 0 no buffer
Received 535 broadcasts (0 multicast)
0 runts, 0 giants, 0 throttles
0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored
0 watchdog, 0 multicast, 0 pause input
0 input packets with dribble condition detected
0 packets output, 0 bytes, 0 underruns
0 output errors, 0 collisions, 2 interface resets
0 babbles, 0 late collision, 0 deferred
0 lost carrier, 0 no carrier, 0 PAUSE output
0 output buffer failures, 0 output buffers swapped out
Please can any one help us to solve this problem or this port is damaged .
Your help is highly appreciated.