Cat6-Sup Engine II - Replace Secondary Sup Procedure

Unanswered Question

Hi,

Secondary SUP is facing some Hw problem, had RMA the unit and would like to replace it.

But I have few question here:

1) Current SUPs and running IOS 12.2.(18)SXD6.

2) The RMA unit may running IOS other than 12.2(18)SXD6.

When I replace the secondary SUP, with new unit the software version definately will different.

Will it impact the redundacy ? Can I copy from primary to secondary unit the software ?

My concern if primary refuse to recognised the secondary Sup during bootup due to different software version, and put in on ROMMON, then I have problem to copy the software from primary SUP to secodary sup to make it identical software image at both Sup.

I remember there is document in cco about replacing the secondary sup, but now i cant find it.

Regards

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
vvasisth Mon, 12/14/2009 - 01:24
User Badges:
  • Silver, 250 points or more

if the standby sup falls in rommon mode just console into that sup and boot it with the IOS available in the bootflash. Refer to the link given belw to recover a sup from rommon :-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a008015bfa1.shtml#s720recover

Once the standby sup is up but redundancy wont work copy the IOS from the active sup's bootflash to the standby one using this command "copy bootflash: slavesup-bootflash:"

Once the image is copied to the standby sup reboot it and make it boot from the new IOS you can check the link i pasted above for the same.

regards,

Varun

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content