Views
Helpful
Replies

SRST Voicemail

PAUL CHEN
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

When the router is in SRST mode, users need to access their voicemail personal greeting via the voicemail button on the phone, I have everything else working except this.

unity connection 7 voicemail pilot is 3330

In response to a general voicemail greeting , the user can press a *  after the genereal voicemail announcement to get a prompt  to enter their user pin to get to their personal voicemail box

The configs:

vm-integration

pattern direct * CDN   <--------------------------------------  Not working

pattern ext-to-ext no answer * FDN

pattern ext-to-ext busy * FDN

dial-peer voice 3330 pots

destination-pattern 3330

call-manager-fallback

voicemail 3330

I tried using the above dtmf pattern direct and according to cco it should work.

However, it keeps going to the general voice mail instead of a personal greeting.

I tried using all variations of dtmf pattern direct but it just goes to the general voice mail or does nothing.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks.

Paul

1 Reply 1

Adam Thompson
Level 4
Level 4

Paul,

In the configuration you have outlined, you have pattern direct * CDN defined. When a user presses their messages button, the following will be dialed: 3330*3330. This is probably why they are hearing the opening greeting and not their personal mailbox.

What you want to configure is pattern direct * CGN. For example, if ext. 1002 presses their messages button, the system will dial 3330*1002. This should allow the user to get to their personal mailbox when pressing the messages button on their phone.

I am assuming you have seen this document, but I figured I would offer it anyways:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/admin/srst/configuration/guide/srs_mail.html

Thanks,

Adam

Please rate if helpful