Views
Helpful
Replies

snmp walk : javax.servlet.ServletException

mmisonne
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

With lms3.1, from device center the first SNMP walk is OK.

When we try to do another snmp-walk either on the same device, either on another device , we recieve this error message:

Regards

Michel Misonne

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
                com.cisco.nm.cmf.util.AccessLogFilter.doFilter(AccessLogFilter.java:100)

root cause
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
                java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
                java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:574)
                com.cisco.nm.lib.snmp.lib.MibStore.loadMibFile(MibStore.java:320)
                com.cisco.nm.lib.snmp.lib.MibStore.loadMib(MibStore.java:313)
                com.cisco.nm.lib.snmp.lib.SnmpMain.loadMib(SnmpMain.java:143)
                com.cisco.nm.cmf.devicecenter.action.SnmpWalk_JT.snmpWalk(SnmpWalk_JT.java:466)
                com.cisco.nm.cmf.devicecenter.action.SnmpWalk_JT.perform(SnmpWalk_JT.java:261)
                org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionPerform(ActionServlet.java:1786)
                org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1585)
                org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:509)
                javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
                javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
                com.cisco.nm.cmf.util.AccessLogFilter.doFilter(AccessLogFilter.java:100)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.17 logs.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On what platform is LMS installed?  How much swap space do you have configured?  What starting OID are you using?

Hello,

-       Lms is installed on Windows 2003 SRV   enterprise edition SP1

-        Swap space is  Min 4096 Mg   and   Max 8192 Mg

-       This pb appears with any  starting OID

Also, this problem appears with  different client-PC, the first time it is OK, then the next time it gives this errors on different PC.

Customer has to wait another time ( next day) to make it work again.

Michel Misonne

What version of SNMP are you using in the SNMP Walk tool?

Hi,

It is snmp V3

Michel

I cannot reproduce.  I have an LMS 3.2 server running on Windows 2003 EE, and I went to Device Center, and performed an SNMP Walk on a switch using SNMPv3 authNoPriv:

Username : v3user

Password : ********

Auth Algorithm : MD5

Starting OID : 1.3.6.1.2.1.1

I can run multiple SNMP Walks in a row with no errors.  I will need more details on exactly what options your customer is using in order ot analyze this problem further.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: