Views
Helpful
Replies

snmp walk : javax.servlet.ServletException

mmisonne
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

With lms3.1, from device center the first SNMP walk is OK.

When we try to do another snmp-walk either on the same device, either on another device , we recieve this error message:

Regards

Michel Misonne

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
                com.cisco.nm.cmf.util.AccessLogFilter.doFilter(AccessLogFilter.java:100)

root cause
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: unable to create new native thread
                java.lang.Thread.start0(Native Method)
                java.lang.Thread.start(Thread.java:574)
                com.cisco.nm.lib.snmp.lib.MibStore.loadMibFile(MibStore.java:320)
                com.cisco.nm.lib.snmp.lib.MibStore.loadMib(MibStore.java:313)
                com.cisco.nm.lib.snmp.lib.SnmpMain.loadMib(SnmpMain.java:143)
                com.cisco.nm.cmf.devicecenter.action.SnmpWalk_JT.snmpWalk(SnmpWalk_JT.java:466)
                com.cisco.nm.cmf.devicecenter.action.SnmpWalk_JT.perform(SnmpWalk_JT.java:261)
                org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.processActionPerform(ActionServlet.java:1786)
                org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.process(ActionServlet.java:1585)
                org.apache.struts.action.ActionServlet.doPost(ActionServlet.java:509)
                javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:709)
                javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:802)
                com.cisco.nm.cmf.util.AccessLogFilter.doFilter(AccessLogFilter.java:100)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.5.17 logs.

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

On what platform is LMS installed?  How much swap space do you have configured?  What starting OID are you using?

Hello,

-       Lms is installed on Windows 2003 SRV   enterprise edition SP1

-        Swap space is  Min 4096 Mg   and   Max 8192 Mg

-       This pb appears with any  starting OID

Also, this problem appears with  different client-PC, the first time it is OK, then the next time it gives this errors on different PC.

Customer has to wait another time ( next day) to make it work again.

Michel Misonne

What version of SNMP are you using in the SNMP Walk tool?

Hi,

It is snmp V3

Michel

I cannot reproduce.  I have an LMS 3.2 server running on Windows 2003 EE, and I went to Device Center, and performed an SNMP Walk on a switch using SNMPv3 authNoPriv:

Username : v3user

Password : ********

Auth Algorithm : MD5

Starting OID : 1.3.6.1.2.1.1

I can run multiple SNMP Walks in a row with no errors.  I will need more details on exactly what options your customer is using in order ot analyze this problem further.