Views
Helpful
Replies

Lynksys Router RV016 Multiwan - Frame Relay protocol

mauricioagra
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all, Below is my doubts:

- The Lynksys commercial area says that the router works with Frame Relay. In the configuration options there PPPT the protocol, but the protocol that my ISP sent me is PPP. Which protocol I have to configure?

OBS.: The next piece of data sent by the ISP: Commercial: Protocol MLPPP / Routing / Static Routing Balancing NO / Address Block (LAN) 192.168.4.0 / Address Mask 255.255.255.0 / Topology Full MeshedQoS NO

2 Replies 2

David Hornstein
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,  and thank you  for the question.

The RV has nothing to do with routing down a FR, it's just a device at the network edge.

There is no way, that i can think of to  specify a DLCI that is part of the routing to a next hop .

It's a router that can sit of a Frame relay and route to different gateway addresses, but the  Integrated access device  that it would route through to different FR nodes has to take care of the routing over the DLCI's.

The RV0XX  has no understanding of FR LMI, DLC, it's just a low cost edge router.

regards Dave

Dave, Hi, thanks for the prompt reply. So this means that the RV 016 has no way to configure the wan port of the router a Frame Relay link, is it?