WVC2300 Cifs recording - gaps between asx files

Unanswered Question
Dec 14th, 2009
User Badges:

Hi

I have a WVC2300 camera setup to rolling record 24/7 onto a CIFS share, running the latest firmware (V1.1.0), it seems ok and working, but i've noticed that I'm getting time gaps between the .asx files. (so for insance it the previous file was 05:00 and the next was 05:15, the first file wouldn't have 15 minutes of footage in it)

Does anybody else have the same problem, of so have they been able to fix it? Whats the best (in your opinion) Max size for the files, i've tried 30, 40, 50 and 100 meg, but still have these gaps in between.

Also - on the SMB / Cifs record, does it have to store the files in asx format? I can't see anywhere to change this to MP4 for example.

Thanks

Brian

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Brian.brackenborough Mon, 12/14/2009 - 11:44
User Badges:

Hi

a bit of an update: it seems that actually, the .asx files do have the correct amount of footage, but strangely, when I load the footage into VLC, it seems to think the footage is only 5 minutes long, it gets to the end and then continues to playback for the full duration. so is there something I could use to fix the asx anomaly? also is there anything else around that would play asx files? M$ media player won't, and Media Player classic doesn't like the fact it's not showing the right length... However SOMETIMES, VLC wont play the file, it doesn't show up any errors, just wont play!

Wierd.

Brian

William Childs Tue, 12/15/2009 - 03:16
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Brian,

I haven't tried this yet, but GOM player is a media player that I use. It plays nearly every file imaginable, I just havent tested it with the WVC2300.

I looked up the .asx file extension, and it says that the asx is actually a pointer (URL) to the real media file (usually a .asf file).

Got that here:

http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/asx

Have you tried downloading and using the camera software for playback?

It can be found here:

http://tools.cisco.com/support/downloads/go/Model.x?mdfid=282414032&mdfLevel=Model&treeName=Physical%20Security%20and%20Building%20Systems&modelName=Cisco%20WVC2300%20Wireless-G%20Business%20Internet%20Video%20Camera%20-%20Audio&treeMdfId=280249565

Download the monitoring software and run the setup. This will allow you to record to a specific location and also playback that video.

Hope this helps,

Bill

Actions

This Discussion

Related Content