Views
Helpful
Replies

RME 4.3.1 can't add new config task

js88888888
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

Trying to add a new User Defined Task in a fresh install of LMS 3.2 and am getting "DCMA0055: Error adding the task XXXX".

If I try to modify an existing task that was imported, same task, different parameter, from LMS 2.6. It saves Ok but then I can't create any jobs as the task list pane is empty.

Anyone have this issue?

thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It appears the upgrade from LMS 3.1 to 3.2 was not successful.  The RME database schema was not properly converted.  If you still have an LMS 3.1 backup, you can try restoring it as a local Administrator, and after disabling anti-virus.  If not, you will need to reinitialize your RME database using the following command:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Post the netconfigclient.log and dcmaclient.log.

Ok, just wanted to follow up. I am seeing a few other things that seem to be similar in nature.

If I try to add an image from device in software repository, no devices show up. Also under RME Device Management, there is nothing listed in RME Devices, Normal Devices, etc.

Do you still need these logs or should I include anything else?

thanks Joe

Here are those log files.

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It appears the upgrade from LMS 3.1 to 3.2 was not successful.  The RME database schema was not properly converted.  If you still have an LMS 3.1 backup, you can try restoring it as a local Administrator, and after disabling anti-virus.  If not, you will need to reinitialize your RME database using the following command:

NMSROOT/bin/perl NMSROOT/bin/dbRestoreOrig.pl dsn=rmeng dmprefix=RME

Thanks Joe, I had done a 2.6 to 3.2 remote upgrade and figured this was the problem. I will be re-initializing as advised, just to make sure I don't bring over any more issues.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: