cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.1 Device Update problem through CCO

yjdabear
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If I use the correct CCO password, I get "Connection to Cisco.com failed. Please check log files. Download operation cannot proceed." All I see in psu.log is "FATAL  [DevUpdate : performAdd]  : Error while trying to connect to Cisco.com. Return Code = 1". If I use a bogus password, I'm told so, which leads me to think, without digging further on the LMS or proxy side that there's problem on the CCO end. Am I off base here?

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I am unable to reproduce with my account.  It might be beneficial to start a sniffer trace filtering on all traffic to your proxy when running a device update.  See what errors you see.

I was able to download via Device Update with a different CCO account, which makes me think it's an account entitlement problem. Does it sound plausible given the error message ([DevUpdate : performAdd]  : Error while
trying to connect to Cisco.com. Return Code = 1) that it's CCO's way of saying the first account was not entitled to download RME & CiscoView pkgs?

It could be.  Without seeing a sniffer trace, I can't say for certain, but if the account was unable to access Software Center on Cisco.com, then that error would be reasonable.