Views
Helpful
Replies

Incoming PSTN Call Blocking CME

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

Guys,

Ive applied the reject rule and its not working as expected. it blocks the call for the first time but then proceed to send the blocked call through displaying unknown number on the cisco phone.

Any assistance would be appreciated as always.

10 Replies 10

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

If the call is coming in with no calling number, you cannot block it.

That is what most persistent callers do to avoid being blocked when showing their number.

Take debug isdn q931 to see if that is the case.

Hi Pedro,

call is coming in with CLID but its FXO not PRI. Again, i have it working but instead of it terminating the call completely, it seems to re-establish the connection and the call then comes in as an unknown number.

ill be specific

My configs are below:

voice translation-rule 5
rule 1 reject /7085271/ (My test Cell Number)

voice translation-profile CallBlock

translate calling 5

i apply to the dial peer 10.- call-block translation-profile incoming CallBlock

This is a test lab and the only voice port active is  0/2/0

the number above is a test cellular phone im using to call into the system. i have a connection plar OPX to a hunt group 1030.

i call in from the number and after four rings it seems to work as the port is off-hook but the call does not complete to 1030 (My hunt) which is what i require)

CallID     CID  ccVdb      Port        Slot/DSP:Ch  Called #   Codec    MLPP Dia
l-peers
No active calls found

Then, the line disconnects for a split second and then rings again and unknown number comes up on the router. (I must stress that if i dont use the reject rule the 7085271 number will come up on the IP Phone.). when this happens the call goes through like a normal incoming call. The numbering below shows the call going through. the A1030A0000 is normal for analog correct? 

0x3D928    34AD 0x4929BD84 0/2/0            0/1:1   A1030A0000 None           10
/20023
0x3D929    34B1 0x4A0B4BF0 50/0/1.0                *A1030A0000 None           20
023/10

Hi,

Is it possible that the far end switch is seeing your disconnect as a hookflash (not long enough) and continues the call?

Instead of doing a reject have you tried creating a dial-peer answer-address matching the CLID and then block it via cor lists?

HTH,

Art

i think that sounds more like what is going on. the debug ccapi shows disconnect then the reconnect. ill try your suggestion.

thanks

will post results

The thing is that "reject" on an analog line doesn't make much sense.

How one would be supposed to reject an incoming call ? There is no "standard" method, and that appears to confusing the router.

"reject" rules are only for ISDN, where there is a specific protocol message to refuse a call.

Clifford McGlamry
Spotlight
Spotlight

It sounds like you may be matching a different dial peer.  Try doing a debug voice dialpeer and see what you're

matching.    

Hey clifford,

i posted the voice  call stat above and you can see its matching DP 10 which i have the call block rule on. im trying the COR to see what if anything changes.

a.gooding
Level 5
Level 5

After doing some further testing i think Pedro and asandborgh are correct (Not that we were ever doubting you guys at all  )

a solution would be great though. in just now trying the COR so again ill post with results.

No problem.

BTW, my name is Paolo.

I kind of like Pedro anyway ...

Geez sorry about that

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: