cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Overhead Paging page port

bschear
Level 1
Level 1

I am more from the data side in the past so new to some of the overhead paging aspects of voice.  I have an old Bogen overhead paging system that was just connected to a paging port on an old system that just gave the page directly over two wires.  I have a new call manager system in place now and have a 2801 router with an available FXO port by this paging equipment.  Is there a way I can configure this FXO port to act that way a paging port would work on a legacy phone system?  If not would using something like a Bogen BG-TAMB allow me to interface the way I need to?

Are there good docs out there somewhere to bring me up to speed on the overhead paging, integration options, etc. I will be running into in the future?

1 Reply 1

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

Bschear,

Generally if you have a Bogen system a TAMB is the way to go.  You can use either a Cisco FXO or FXS port to access it.  The Bogen manuals are quite good at explaining how to set it up.

I'm not a paging guru but have done some over the years, and used the TAMB with other manufacturers as well.

I don't know of any paging documentation other than what is available from the paging equipment manufacturers (which I normally research by model # on the web when I need to deal with one), perhaps someone else from the list knows more.

HTH,

Art