cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Collecting Class of Service statistics off of a NM-NAM

Kevin Melton
Level 2
Level 2

One of my customers has an NM-NAM installed within their 3845 router which handles their MPLS connection to another site.

I have historically used the NM-NAM to collect packet captures off of the network for troubleshooting.

We have a CoS policy set up on the router which gives certain bandwidth to each of the CoS policies.  One of the applications that runs in Class 2 is having some issues. 

Is there a way on the NAM to be able to tell if in fact each of the respective classes is running at capacity?  Can the NAM see any data at all with respect to Class of Service?

Thanks

Kevin

2 Replies 2

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Is the traffic being tagged with a DiffServ code point?  If so, then the NAM can definitely monitor that.  You can setup for DSCP profile under Setup > Monitor > DiffServ.  Those profiles can be monitored under Monitor > DiffServ.

We may be using diffserv.  Or we may also be using dscp.  I thought that these values were mutually exclusive one to another but am not sure.

I do know that when we perform a sho policy on the router, we get some values back for AF21 and AF31 i think.  I also know that these bvalues show up in our Solarwinds Netflow collector from that router interface.

I will be back onsite tomorrow and will check.  I also want to try to set up what you had indicated may be used to collect the data.

Thanks

Kevin

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: