cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ignoring Keys in "Get Digit String" steps

Aaron Dhiman
Level 2
Level 2

I have a "Get Digit String" step to allow users to press '1' to bypass some announcements.  The Prompt for this step is set to play the announcments.  On the Input tab, I've set Maximum Retries = 0, so that I don't hear "Are you still there?" after the announcements play.  On the Filter tab, I've set only the '1' key as a valid option.  I've also set the Input Length = 1.  What happens is that if any key other than '1' is pressed, then the Unsuccessful branch executes, and the announcements are terminated.  But I only want the announcements terminated if the '1' is pressed.  All other keys should just be ignored, and the announcements should continue playing.

Any ideas on how to get this done?

1 Reply 1

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

That's not possible for one simple reason.  The script executes in a serial fashion.  One step at a time.

What you are asking requires asynchronous activity.

In one instance you need to play a message, and in another you need to validate user input.

From what I can think of, your best solution is to eliminate the exclusivity of the number 1 and just allow any digit.

I did think of an alternate method, but it requires greater knowledge of CallManager an MOH sources.

Here's an example:

2 CTI Port Groups, 1 for the call to land on, and 1 for your to redirect to which has a special MOH source that plays messages to the caller.

Call comes in on port group 1

You process some info

You redirect the caller to the messages phone number in port group 2

Place Call Hold

Get Digit String (filter "1")

Success

Call Unhold

Call Redirect somewhere else

Failure

Loop Get Digit Step

EDIT:  Again, I want to stress that this method requires exceptional knowledge of CallManager's ability to handle MOH.  There's a lot to consider on this one.