Views
Helpful
Replies

i cant use CUPC and please help me to configure it

Waisudin Farzam
Level 1
Level 1

dear all

i have installed the CUPC cisco unifed personal communicator but when i open that it requires for username and password but this is that i cant login and i dont know which username or password should i give there or how to get enter i have instaled a cisco call manager 7 also but still i dont know how to configure this please help me if any body know how to coneect this finaly please its urgently required.

with regards

Waisudin Farzam
SNE

P E: wfarzam@gmail.com
S E: wais.farzam@gmail.com
S: wais.farzam

Certified Cisco ID: CSCO11404095
CCNA, CCNP, CCNA Sec, and CCIE R&S v4.0 Written Certified
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I notice that you did not mention an installation of Cisco Unified Presence Server. CUPC requires a CUPS server to function.

If have CUPS installed and fully integrated with UCM (system troubleshooter reports no errors) then you can login to CUPC with an End User account that has been assigned the capabilities of CUPC under UCM Administration > System > Capabilities Assignment.

View solution in original post

If you are a partner, you can order the NFR kit for lab use. Just talk to your CAM for assistance on that.

If you are an end customer, CUPS is a licensed product you must buy. You must pay for the server license as well as per-user licenses. Just like lunch, there is no free download - torrent or otherwise.

Cisco Unified Presence 7.0 Data Sheet

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I notice that you did not mention an installation of Cisco Unified Presence Server. CUPC requires a CUPS server to function.

If have CUPS installed and fully integrated with UCM (system troubleshooter reports no errors) then you can login to CUPC with an End User account that has been assigned the capabilities of CUPC under UCM Administration > System > Capabilities Assignment.

thanks dear but can u tell me from where i can download CUPS server becouse i have looked too much all it prices so i need some link to download it free from any torrent site or etc..

regards

Waisudin Farzam
SNE

If you are a partner, you can order the NFR kit for lab use. Just talk to your CAM for assistance on that.

If you are an end customer, CUPS is a licensed product you must buy. You must pay for the server license as well as per-user licenses. Just like lunch, there is no free download - torrent or otherwise.

Cisco Unified Presence 7.0 Data Sheet

Dear freind

i have installed the cup server 7 System version: 7.0.0.9931-1 but the problem is that i can open the cisco Unified Presene OS Administratio page ex

https://192.1.1.2:8443/cmplatform/showHome.do and other pages but i cant not open the page https://192.1.1.2:8443/ccadmin  page it gives me an error like this

HTTP Status 404 - /ccmadmin/

type Status report

message /ccmadmin/

description The requested resource (/ccmadmin/) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/5.5.17

so can you please tell me how to solve this problem im realy in trouble with this problem so i dont know how to solve this.

once again thanks and regards with my best regards.

regards

Waisudin Farzam
SNE

Presence Administration is https:///ccmadmin

Or just type the CUPS server IP Address. The server will present the URLs automatically via a welcome page.

dear all

thanks for the information finaly i have reinstalled the cups server and now its work fine and i can open all the pages

but the problems is that i how to now configure and make it enable to users login with CUPC and when i login it sais username or password is worng so can you please send me any step by step configuration of the CUPS server to match with CUCM to enable users to login correctly please

please help me pleaseeeeeeeee.

with regards

Waisudin Farzam
SNE

CUPC is a seperate user right you must grant from UCM Administration. System > License > Capabilities Assignment. Presence and CUPC need to be checked. Note that both consume DLUs.

You can find additional install and configuration documentation on the Wiki: http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unified_Presence%2C_Release_7.x

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: